Using individualized goals as a guide, Endeavor Behavioral applies reinforcement, modeling and prompting, rehearsal, and the modification of environmental variables to create meaningful and lasting changes in behavior. Whether the goals are potty training, social skills, self-care skills, communication, a stepping stone to an educational placement, or pre-vocational skills, Endeavor Behavioral can help. While the principles and procedures of ABA are established and proven, it is a still a growing field with new effective practices being developed every year. As authors of research ourselves, we understand the importance of staying current on these new developments in the field to ensure we are always providing the most effective and thoroughly-proven methods with each client we see. In addition to ABA, we work with LPCs and Clinical Psychologists to offer a behaviorally-based cognitive approach to learning and development for those working on social skills, coping skills, and reducing defiant or emotional behaviors that are interfering with development.
It is important that your child not only learn how to use a skill during therapy sessions with us but also for those skills to transfer to their daily lives in a natural and meaningful way that will enable them to connect with their friends and family.
Other ways Endeavor is set apart from others is its use of the following:
- Applied Verbal Behavior is worked into each Treatment Plan from the start to encourage functional language and communication
- Use of multiple assessments to determine a well-rounded and complete Treatment Plan for your child across all life's domains
- Focus on social skills from the beginning, with many targets being targeted in social situations to prevent rote, robotic responding
- "Neurotypical" peer models in attendance on a regular basis to allow for modeling of appropriate communication and social skills
- Ratio sessions to practice not only social development, but to propel each child to a less restrictive therapy setting as they demonstrate growth
- Small ratios of Certified Behavior Analysts to clients to ensure each child and family gets the attention they need and deserve
- We are a Practicum Site for interns working towards their certification, allowing for high quality therapy from interns pursuing ABA as a career
- Certified Behavior Analysts assist in creating curriculums that keep our clients up to date with their same-age peers for a smooth transition to a less restrictive environment when appropriate
- Open Door Policy for parent training and involvement in therapy sessions to allow for consistency and cooperation between caregivers
Further, while we use the structured teaching of Discrete Trial Training described in much literature about ABA, we also are strong proponents of Natural Environment Training and assisting in the generalization and maintenance of skills. It is important that your child not only learn how to use a skill during therapy sessions with us but also for those skills to transfer to their daily lives in a natural and meaningful way that will enable them to connect with their friends and family. We achieve this by programming for generalization and maintenance from the outset, providing therapy in the environments in which is it most meaningful (at school, on the baseball field, at a birthday party, etc.), as well as involving parents and other caregivers in each step of our treatment process for consistency and carry over to the home and community.